The horizontal distance between two parallel main bars shall not be less than the greatest of the following:
- Diameter of the bar if the bars are of same diameter.
- Diameter of the larger bar if the diameter are unequal.
- 5mm more than the nominal maximum size of coarse aggregate.
When the bars are in rows, they should be vertically in line and the minimum vertical distance between the bars shall be greater of following:
- 2/3rd of nominal maximum size of aggregate.
- Maximum diameter of the bar.