The surface should be cleaned thoroughly to remove any loose matter spread over it. After having checked the formwork and necessary preparation of the surface, concrete placing is started. Following precautions should be taken while placing concrete.
- Concrete should be laid continuously to avoid irregular and unsightly lines.
- To avoid sticking of concrete, formwork should be oiled before concreting.
- While placing concrete, the position of formwork and reinforcement should not get disturbed.
- To avoid segregation, concrete should not be dropped from a height more than 1 meter.
- Concrete should not be placed during rain.
- The thickness of the concrete layer should not be more than 15 – 30cm in case of RCC and 30 – 40cm in case of mass concrete.
- Walking on freshly laid concrete should be avoided.
- It should be placed as near to its final position as practicable.
2 Comments on “What are the Precautions to be Taken While Placing Concrete”
That’s a great list to remember while placing concrete. I would also add PPE to the mix. Safety glasses proper rubber boots, gloves and hard hat. And sunscreen doesn’t hurt for those crazy hot days.
Thanks great job done for me as a civil engineer still in university 👌