Non-load Bearing Walls
- They are meant to carry super imposed loads in addition to their own weight.
- The materials most often used to construct load-bearing walls in large buildings are concrete, block, or brick.
Load Bearing Walls
- Load-bearing walls always run perpendicular to the ceiling joists of your home.
- All exterior walls are load bearing; interior walls that are aligned above support beams are also lead bearing.
- They carry their own load only.
- The main purpose of these walls is to divide walls or serve as partition walls.
- They run perpendicular to the floors and ceiling.