Concrete can be classified into various categories depending on its density and strength recommended by IS: 456-2000.
Types of concrete based on density
- Normal-weight concrete – 24kN/m3
- Lightweight concrete – 18kN/m3
- Heavyweight concrete – 32kN/m3
- The aggregates used in making concrete contribute mainly to its density.
- It is produced using natural sand and crushed stone (granite).
- For lightweight concrete, either lightweight aggregates, such as pumice, or pyro-processed and bloated aggregates are used.
- These concrete are used for applications in which the load of gravity is to be reduced; e.g., for reducing the load on foundations.
- It is produced using high-density aggregates such as hematite or scrap steel pieces.
- These concrete are used for radiation shielding or increasing the weight of a structure for stability purposes.
One Comment on “Different Types of Concrete”
I like it.
configured is good.