Crank bars are generally provided
- To resist negative bending moment (hogging).
- To resist shear force which is greater at supports.
- To reduce the risk of a brittle failure of slab-column connection.
- To reduce the amount of steel used.
- For the economization of materials.
15 Comments on “Why Crank Bars are Provided in Slab”
simple and understandable
Can we use curtail bars instead of crank bars in slabs?
It is veree good thiong to conastraction ,
It is very good things to construction ,
Good information years ago I used to make these at my first job about 15 years ago
Nice and good job