It is a light weight concrete produced by introducing large voids in the concrete or mortar. Its density varies from 3 kN/m3 to 8 kN/m3 whereas plain concrete density is 24 kN/m3. It is also known as aerated, foamed or gas concrete.
Properties of cellular concrete: It has the following properties:
- It has low weight.
- It has good fire resistance.
- It has good thermal insulation property.
- Thermal expansion is negligible.
- Freezing and thawing problems are absent.
- Sound absorption is good.
- It has less tendency to spall.
Uses of Cellular Concrete
- It is used for the construction of partition walls.
- It is used for partitions for heat insulation purposes.
- It is used for the construction of hollow filled floors.