One of the major use of binding wires is to keep the reinforcement provided in proper place because without the binding wire reinforcement will be free to move which could lead to increase in spacing between reinforcement in a particular section and decrease in a particular section which can lead to the decrease in strength and ductility of the structure and increase the chances of failure.
Purpose of Binding wires:
1. To provide spacing of bars as specified by a consultant.
2. Keep lapped bars in the desired close position to transfer forces correctly.
3. To avoid displacement of bars during concrete pouring.
4. To secure secondary’s like chairs, spacer bars etc. in position during construction.
5. To keep the reinforcement intact in its required position.
6. For miscellaneous construction-related purposes like grouping, transportation etc.
One Comment on “Why Reinforcement steel are Bind by Binding Wire”
It helps me to know more about tying wire for reinforcement. Thanks for sharing.