Installing roofing sheets on your home can be lengthy and complicated, so planning and preparing in advance is important. Generally, the installation process follows these steps:
- Measure and Plan: Measure your roof and calculate how many roofing sheets you need to cover the surface. Make allowances for waste.
- Select the Right Sheet Type: Once the measurements are complete, the next step is to select the type of roofing sheet that best suits your needs. Corrugated steel, galvanized steel, polycarbonate, and asphalt shingles are the most popular choices for home construction.
- Install Underlayment: Underlayment acts as a protective layer, helping to prevent water leakages. Install the underlayment to your roof deck before the roofing sheets are attached.
- Install the Sheets: Start at the lowest part of the roof and work your way up. Secure the roofing sheets with nails or screws according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Seal the Seams: Apply roofing cement to the joints between each sheet to ensure no gaps or small openings.
- Install the Ridge Caps: Apply ridge caps to the ridge line of your roof to create a cohesive look and prevent moisture from getting into the roof.