Stainless steel has also been used to overcome the corrosion problem. Chromium is the major alloy in stainless steel and imparts the corrosion resistance property to steel. The corrosion resistance property of steel can be increased by increasing the chromium content. Stainless steel can withstand chloride attacks. The advantages of using stainless steel rebars are the following
- Stainless steel in environment friendly.
- It has good resistance against corrosion (no need of surface protection).
- It has good engineering properties.
- The cover of concrete can be reduced if stainless steel bars are used.
- It is easy to handle.
- It helps reduces maintenance.
- Stainless steel is recyclable.
- It is design, detailing and construction techniques are similar to that of ordinary steel bars.
One Comment on “Stainless Steel Rebars”