Requirements for swimming pool construction are
- The pool shell must be designed and constructed so that they have good water tightness. This condition must be followed when the pool is fully or partially filled. Some of the swimming pools due to the area of the construction may be constructed below water table. This demands for higher water tight pool shell in order to resist the penetration and the infiltration of the ground water. This condition can exist even if the pool is filled with water or vacant.
- The floor and the wall surface in the interior of the swimming pool must be properly finished with a smooth, reasonably impervious and an attractive material. This must enable easy cleaning of the surface. The water within the pool must be of proper standard of clarity and purity.
- The pool must have a walkway that surrounds the perimeter of the pool. The width of the walkway must be 1.5m in minimum value. This walkway must be finished with a non-slip material that can be easily cleaned and highly durable.
- For pools that are used by young children and non – swimmers, there must be provision for safety steps all around the walls. The location of the steps must not be greater than 900mm below the water level.
- The provision for diving board is based on the swimming association of the region. This varies if the pool is installed for diving competitions.
- The pool position must be such that it receives maximum sun as possible. This must receive sufficient amount after afternoon.
- The location that have trees near to the vicinity must be avoided. This is because the roots of the trees can cause damage to the structure. The leaves can cause discoloration also.
- Provision of natural wind break as a part of the main building is recommended.
- The positions of utilities like drainage, electricity, gas supply lines are very important.
- Landscaping near to the swimming pool area have to carried out with proper professional guidance.
3 Comments on “Requirements for Swimming Pool Construction”
You did a great job of explaining the requirements for a swimming pool construction. I like how you mentioned that the pool position must be such that it receives maximum sun as possible, and this must receive sufficient amount after afternoon. I agree with that, usually, it is really more relaxing to go on swimming before sunset.
You completed an awesome activity of clarifying the necessities for a swimming pool development. I like how you specified that the pool position must be with the end goal that it gets greatest sun as could be allowed, and this must get adequate sum after evening. I concur with that, for the most part, it is extremely all the more unwinding to continue swimming before nightfall.
Thanks for the clarification that the location for safety steps should not be greater than 900mm below the water level. My wife and I would really like to build a swimming pool in our backyard because we are both avid swimmers and want our kids to swim as well. Safety is our top priority, so we will be sure to get safety steps properly installed when working with a contractor.