Types of Cover Blocks:
Different types of covering blocks are
- Wooden cover block.
- Steel cover block.
- PVC Block.
- Cement masonry cover block.
- Aluminum cover block.
- Stone cover block.
Reasons for using Cover Blocks:
- Maintain a specified distance between the rebar and the shuttering.
- Protect the steel reinforcement bars from environmental effects to prevent their corrosion.
- Provide thermal insulation, which protects the reinforcement bars from fire.
- Give reinforcing bars sufficient embedding to enable them to be stressed without slipping.