Good estimating minimizes contractor’s risk and facilitates project management and defines the scope of work.
- Company labour tables and current material prices should be stored in your database.
- Manual estimating is not cost effective and it is subject to more errors and omissions.
- Computerized estimating should automate and expedite the manual estimating process.
- Establish the company labour unit sand labour factoring tables.
- Maintain current material pricing.
- Establish an estimate review procedure.