Good Qualities of an Ideal Aggregate:
An ideal aggregate used for the manufacturing of concrete and mortar, should meet the following requirements.
- It should consist of natural stones, gravels and sand or in various combinations of these materials.
- It should be hard, strong and durable.
- It should be dense, clear and free from any coating.
- It should be free from injurious vegetable matters.
- It should not contain flaky (angular) and elongated pieces.
- It should not contain any material liable to attack steel reinforcement in case of reinforced concrete.