The daily activities of civil site engineers at the construction site are
- Site engineer alerts the workmen regarding the importance of safety in construction and insists on avoiding unsafe acts.
- Engage manpower (Supervisors, labours, helpers etc.,) at different locations such that the productivity of work increases.
- Allocate the works for every one (Mason, carpenter, helpers etc.,)
- Safety permits are issued to the concerned workmen for any hot work, work at height etc., after inspecting the checklist along with safety officer at site.
- Any lapses on the part of Safety needs to be addressed on an immediate basis.
- Calculate the quantities (concrete, shutter and other materials) required to cast the structural members as per the site plan and execute the same by the end of the day.
- Make a note of material availability and inform the same to the store in-charge (in advance) if there is any material shortage.
- Prepare Bar Bending Schedule (BBS) for the required structural members.
- Study and understand the drawings and make necessary changes in the soft copy (AutoCAD) as suggested by the manager and get the approval changes by the client.
- Prepare monthly consumption (material, fuel, manpower etc.,) report and daily progress reports which will be helpful in finding the monthly turnover.
- At the end of the day, the activities carried out in the shift needs to be reported in the daily progress report.
- Many other roles are having site engineer but these are the main roles of a fresh site engineer.
One Comment on “Civil Site Engineers Daily Activities”
Enjoyed reading the article above , really explains everything in detail,the article is very interesting and effective.Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles