1. Determining project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
2. Preparing feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
3. Preparing engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
4. Resolving design and development problems.
5. Managing budgets and project resources.
6. Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries.
7. Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety.
8. Confirming adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
9. Fulfilling project requirements by training and guiding operators.
10. Maintaining operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
11. Providing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
12. Advising management on needed actions.
13. Maintaining project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
14. Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.