The applications of surveying explained in following points
- To prepare the topographical map which shows hills, rivers, forests, valleys, etc.
- To prepare the engineering map showing engineering details like highways, railways, canals, dams, reservoirs, etc.
- To prepare the contour map to determine the best possible route and amount of earthwork required.
- To prepare the geographical and political map.
- To prepare archeological map showing the places where ancient relics may have lied.
- To prepare cadastral map showing boundaries of properties like houses, buildings, fields, colonies, etc.
- To prepare a military map showing different strategic points important for the defense of a country.