The advantages of Stainless steel reinforcing bars are
- Good high- and low-temperature mechanical properties of common rebar grades.
- No coatings to chip, crack or degrade.
- No coating damage to repair.
- No “exposed” cut ends to coat or cover.
- Inherently good corrosion resistance.
- Reduced life cycle cost for concrete structures.
- Good strength.
- Good weld-ability for common rebar grades.
- Good ductility for common rebar grades (capable of 3d U-bends).
- Capable of withstanding shipping, handling, bending.
- Magnetic or non-magnetic, depending on the alloy specified.
2 Comments on “Advantages of Stainless Steel Reinforcing Bars”
Do you know of any projects where they used 3d or 4d U-bends of stainless steel bar?