Hidden beams can be defined as the beams whose depth is equal to the thickness of the slab. Hidden beams are also known as concealed beam.
Advantages of Hidden Beam:
- It saves floor height clearance.
- It allows if a brickwork needs to be constructed over the slab.
- It is economical as it saves cost of materials, formwork, and labor.
- It gives better aesthetic interior appearance.
Disadvantages of Hidden Beam:
- Structurally it creates a spanning problem, as spans for structural support are at right angle to each other. This means one slab structurally rests over the other.