Core void area larger than 25% of the gross area is termed as hollow concrete blocks.
Advantage of Hollow Concrete Blocks
- Hollow block needs low maintenance.
- High Durable.
- Construction speed is high when compare to conventional construction systems.
- It has high tensile strength.
- Economical friendly and cheap rates.
- It reduces the building costs.
- The acoustic system of the room is good with hollow cement construction.
- Maintains the thermal balance system of any hollow block construction.
- It reduces the labor cost and total construction cost.
- High heat and water resistant.
- It’s no needs of plastering.
- Low water absorption than brick.
- Main advantage, block voids can be filled by other filling materials.